Home | Main Menu | Castle Index | Historical Essays | Related Essays | What's New | Links

Virtual Tour of Raglan Castle

The Pitched Stone Court

All photographs Copyright 2006 by Jeffrey L. Thomas

 

The Pitched Stone Court is found directly behind the rear Gatehouse range. The Office Wing is to the right. When the grass was removed from the interior in 1947 most of the pitched cobbling which gave the court its name was found to be virtually intact. The drainage channels running down the court are original features. The cobbling is contemporary with the Tudor remodeling of the castle.

 

Below: view of the ornate window in the Hall from the Pitched Stone Court.

 

Forward to next tour stop
Back to previous tour stop
View a ground plan of the castle
Return to the clickable map
Go to the main Raglan Castle page

Home | Main Menu | Castle Index | Historical Essays | Related Essays | What's New | Links

Copyright 2009 by Jeffrey L. Thomas